CyanogenMod development team has just released the latest stable build for the custom KitKat ROM, M9 builds being the most stable versions of the ROM now available. The latest released ROM comes with various fixes and new features for existing users.
According to CyanogenMod, the build CyanogenMod 11 M9 is the first ever (non-nightly) release for the Xperia Z2 ‘sirius’, Xperia Z2 Tablets ‘castor’ and the HTC One ‘m8’.
Check out the changelog for the complete list of changes in the M9 update.
- Themes support for additional UI elements
- Heads Up Notifications – Bug Fixes
- Lockscreen – Allow doubletap to sleep when using secure keyguard
- Torch – Improve performance
- Safe Headset Volume – prompt when interfering with 3rd party device
- Center clock support
- Quick Settings – respect locale changes on additional tiles
- Proximity Wake-Up support – prevent accidental wake-up of device by checking to see if proximity sensor is blocked
- Spam notification filtering – Set notifications to auto-ignore based on content. Long-press offending notification to set as ignored; manage in Privacy settings.
- Settings Search – Additional improvements and highlighting
- Data Usage Info – Add support for CDMA devices without sim cards
- Bluetooth – Add additional A2DP profiles
- Bluetooth – Disable AVRCP 1.5 by default (fixes various car unit compatibility)
- Email – Fix saving attachments to storage for POP3 accounts
- Account for Play Services induced wake-locks
- Fix encryption on some LG Devices
- Dialer – add support for Korean and Chinese to smart-dialer
CyanogenMod lovers who are eagerly waitfing to test our the ROM for themselves can find the stable build in the CyanogenMod download section. Here is download link for Sony Xperia Z2, Z2 tablet and HTC One M8 owners who like to hands on the latest ROM.
Source : CyanogenMod