Obi Mobiles has launched its flagship smartphone Octopus S520 for Rs 11990 and the device will be initially available only via Snapdeal. Earlier this week Xiaomi made the wholly expected India debut with Xiaomi Mi3 and a few days later we have Obi Mobiles, a venture of former Apple CEO John Sculley’s Inflexionpoint.
Octopus S520 smartphone features some impressive specs. It has a 5-inch HD IPS screen, a MediaTek octa-core CPU clocked at 1.7GHz and paired with 1GB of RAM. Also included 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card.
The smartphone powered by an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 1,800mAh battery that the company claims is good enough to survive up to 180 hours on standby mode. Connectivity options include dual-SIM smartphone with support for both mini and micro SIMs, 3G support, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and on the software front, it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Obi Octopus S520 features and specifications
- 12.7 cm (5-inch) 1280 X 720p HD IPS touch screen
- Android KitKat 4.4.2
- 1.7 GHz Octa Core MediaTek MT6592 processor
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM (Standard + Micro)
- Slim design with 8.4mm thickness; Sporting a classy aluminium back cover
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 32 GB
- 3G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, and GPS
- 1800 mAh battery
The Octopus S520 package contains a flip cover, screen protector, a charging cable and in-ear earphones, according to the official release.
After-sales support is one of the most crucial ingredients for finding market success in India. And according to Obi official website, over 95 service centres for after-sales support have been set up.