Samsung has launched the Galaxy Beam, the ultra slim projector smartphone, in India. Earlier Samsung introduced the Galaxy Beam, successor of their previous Beam at MWC 2012 in February. It was expected to be launch in South West Asia including India in May, but it got delayed. They have started pre-order last month and went on sale last week.
The main features which makes this phone differ from the others is its projector. The phone has a 15 lumens pico projector that can show images up to 50-inches wide, at a distance of 2 meters.
Samsung Galaxy Beam’s built-in projector gives you the freedom to share – to really share – all kinds of contents with your friends virtually anywhere. Stunningly good definition with a gradated throw up to 2 meters away, you can adjust sizing as you wish, up to 50 large – as big as your TVs.
Other features including, 4-inch 480×800 WVGA TFT PLS display, runs on Android 2.3 gingerbread (IceCreamSandwich version upgradable), powered by dual-core 1GHz CPU, 768MB RAM, 5MP camera, 720p HD video playback and recording support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, microSD card slot up to 32GB and 2000mAh powerful battery.
Samsung Galaxy Beam Specification:
- CPU : Dual-Core 1 GHz Processor
- Camera : 5.0 MP Rear Camera with Flash and 1.3 MP front camera
- Display : 4-inch (10.16cm) WVGA TFT with (480*800) screen resolution
- Projector : 15 lumens pico projector that can show images up to 50-inches wide.
- HSPA 14.4 network
- OS : Android 2.3 Gingerbread (IceCreamSandwich version upgradable)
- 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- 768MB RAM, 8GB Internal Memory
- MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- Dimension (HxWxD) : 123.9 x 64.2 x 12.6 mm
- Weight : 148 gm
- Battery 2000mAh
- Talk Time Up to 1200 min (2G) / 575 min (3G)
- Standby Up to 760 hours (2G/3G)
The Samsung Galaxy Beam is available at MRP of Rs. 33,900 but you can get it from Samsung eStore for MOP of Rs. 29,990 with free shipping and cash on delivery service. It is available exclusively at all Samsung Smartphone Cafes.