Xiaomi announced Xiaomi Mi4 officially, successor of the Mi 3 that was unveiled last year. Later it was leaked and found on a online store for pre-order.
The Xiaomi Mi 4, which has been unveiled on the Xiaomi Facebook page, is the new flagship handset of the company. The spec list is pretty impressive with a Snapdragon 801 processor running at 2.5GHz with Adreno 330 GPU being backed by a whopping 3GB of LP-DDR3 RAM. And speed is even guaranteed on the storage which uses eMMC 5.0 whether you choose the 16GB version or up to the 64GB model. It runs on MIUI v6 on top of Android.
The screen is a 5-inch 1080p display made by Sharp. While the rear camera is 13-megapixels with Sony BSI sensor and the impressive 8-megapixel CMOS camera from Sony on the front. There’s also a 3,080mAh battery so getting all day use shouldn’t be a problem. It has a stainless steel frame which looks like iPhone.
Xiaomi Mi 4 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels)Sharp IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- MIUI V6 on top of Android
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, F/1.8 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony sensor
- Weighs 149 grams
- 3GB RAM, 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- 4G LTE (Optional), 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth HID and GPS
- 3080 mAh battery
- Support for 24 Languages
The Xiaomi Mi4 will be available in white and black colors with a range of back cover options such as wooden, bamboo, wove, sticks, marble and more. The 16GB variant is priced at 1999 Yuan (approx US$ 322 / Rs. 19,400) and the 64GB variant is priced at 2499 Yuan (US$ 402 / Rs. 24270 approx). The 64GB Limited Bamboo edition would also be available. The China Unicom version would be available starting July 29th which you can pre-order here.