The HTC Inspire 4G is the first smartphone launched with Android 2.2.1 Froyo with the custom HTC Sense 2.0 skin as the user interface on AT&T. The OS was later updated to Android 2.3.3 and Sense 2.1. It is a variant of the HTC Desire HD which is sold in European markets. The Desire HD and Inspire 4G have exactly the same design and specifications except that the Inspire 4G supports AT&T’s HSPA+ 4G network.
HTC officially rolling out a system update for the HTC Inspire 4G to Android 2.3.3 and no further plans to update it to ICS Android 4.0. However there is always the custom ROM scene, and you can update HTC Inspire 4G with ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware with the help of below step by step guide.
Before you start to update your HTC Inspire 4G with ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware, backup all your important data. For text messages use the SMS Backup and Restore app and for contacts you should use Google’s built in contact sync or export all contact to memory card in VCF file which you can import after update. If you want to backup Call Log, you can use free app Call Logs Backup & Restore. Any media should be copied off the phone and onto your computer, just as a precaution.
Step by Step Guide for How To Install ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware On HTC Inspire 4G
Here are the steps to update HTC Inspire 4G with ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging).
- Ensure the device is near fully charged or minimum 75% (you don’t want it to power off in the middle of installing a ROM).
- Make sure your phone is rooted – You can check with the use Root Checker app if you want to be sure.
- Download the ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware/ROM here and save the file to your computer.
- Copy downloaded firmware file to your phone’s SD card using a USB data cable.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and remove data cable.
- Restart your phone by holding down the Volume Down button, or Turn off your phone and turn on by holding volume down button. You should enter boot loader mode. If not, try again.
- Enter Recovery Mode and Select ‘recovery’ from the list of options.
- In the recovery mode, You need to select “wipe data/factory reset” before installing the update for successful installation of ICS Android 4.0.4. Now you need to select “Install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware Zip file which you have placed in your phone.
- As soon as the firmware updated successfully, select “Go Back”.
- “Reboot System Now”.
Your phone should now be running Ice Cream Sandwich! To check go to ‘Settings’ > ‘About Phone’ > ‘Firmware Version’ and it should say the firmware version as being 4.0.4.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any problem during the process of firmware update as we will try to resolve it at the earliest.
27 thoughts on “Install ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware On HTC Inspire 4G”
hi, plz tell me now what i should do. Root checker app show my htc desire hd is not rooted. Now tell me how i can upgrade my android to Ice cream sandwich. Regards
i installed this rom on htc inspire 4g but it restarting and hang sometimes.
so plz give me solution of it
I’ve sucessfully installed this ROM and it works well except the camera does not work for the recording.
I installed this rom but wi-fi not worck .. please help me…
Hi, I have installed the ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware On HTC Inspire 4G. The phone didn’t start and stuck on the start up screen. I have removed the battery and try to restart it but did not work. Please advise.
I am having this same problem, what do I do?
greetings the isc not come with flaws and without audio can not be recorded videos?
If this doesn’t work properly can I restore original is?
I have updated this version in HTC inspire 4G and after ending my phone shows such message (unfortunately, the process com. android . phone has stopped
works Beautifully !!!!!!! Thanks
how long does it takes to restart after being installed? thanks
I installed the ROM just the way you described here, however when it rebooted, all i have is the multi colored tiles spinning about on the screen and nothing else. Please help.
We have already tested and working fine. Please try again wait for few more minutes. It takes time to start phone
I have the same’o problem! Any solution? Does it mean that this ROM is bad?
hey can u tell me how to root my phone htc inspire 4g and by clicking volume down button it isn’t restarting.. how to enter into recovery mode
how to root my phone. please tell me are there any apps to root it.. I am using at& t unlocked HTC inspire 4 g
error on sorry this drvice does not have proper root acess
I rebooted after installing, but now it’s stuck on the startup animation. What do I do?
It takes time, but how much time because it’s been at least 30 minutes or longer and I am still getting nothing but the colored spinning tiles?
saying signature verification failed
working absolutely fine…
Works great…screen saver like process will project color pieces breaking apart after installing zip from sd card, just wait a few minutes and a message will indicate when its done.
Guys you have to ROOT the phone so if your getting any root access errors, you need to search “how to root htc inspire 4g” its a little complicated though.
I installed and can not start my phone and I have a white screen and log HTC
Got my HTC Inspire 4G phone rooted yesterday and installed 4.0.4. So far so good although the tech said anything 4.0 or newer would probably glitch.
it actually worked thanks
thanks.. its worked