LG already released the Lollipop update for the LG G3 but LG G2 owners in most of the countries still not get Lollipop update over the air. LG G2 Android Lollipop update already rolling out to T-Mobile and AT&T.
LG India also revealed via twitter that the G2 smartphone will be receiving the Android Lollipop update sometime in Q2, 2015.
— LG India (@LGIndia) March 19, 2015
If you want to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update manually on your device than the Android 5.0 Lollipop update released for the European LG G2 is available for you to flash on your device.
The stock Android 5.0 2 Lollipop firmware only works with the LG G2 D802 variant and should not be flashed on any other variant of the LG G2. So we suggest you install this firmware only if you own the D802 model of LG G2.
How To Install Stock Android 5.0 2 Lollipop Firmware On LG G2 D802
- To update your phone, download the stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware KDZ file for the LG G2 D802 variant from this link and save it on your computer. The file is about 1.8 GB, so you need a good internet connection.
- Now you need LG drivers to connect your phone with computer. Download the drivers from this link and install it on your computer.
- You will also need to download the LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and save it on your computer. Once it is downloaded, extract the file.
- Turn off your phone and enter download mode on the phone. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Now open the LGFlashTool2014.exe file. Select your device type and phone mode from the drop-down menu. Next, choose the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop .kdz file that you downloaded to your computer via the ‘Select KDZ File’ option.
- Click on Normal Flash/CSE flash and then click on start to begin the flashing process. You do not need to choose the desired language, it will be chosen automatically. Now wait until the firmware is flashed on your device.
- Once the flashing is complete, disconnect your LG G2 from the computer and power it on.
Now you will find that your LG G2 is running the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Have a fun!